Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pottery City Gallery...My new favorite store

In my quest to add some vintage to my modern home, I decided to search the Internet for some local thrift and antique shops.  I came across a website that listed antique stores and found a place called Pottery City Gallery that is just minutes from my house. 

I thought for sure it had been closed down.  East Liverpool is a really sad town.  The economy is really bad and a lot of the businesses downtown have closed up.  So one day while out and about I convinced my husband to see if it was open and it was.  We didn't have time to go in, but I know that I would soon.


A few days later, we ventured inside Pottery City.


The first floor is massive. There is so many different things to look at.  If you collect anything, I am sure you will be able to find it here.  Although, I have been looking for world globes and didn't have any luck. They had one that was $30 and I thought that was to much.


There is tons of pottery of course.  East Liverpool was a big pottery town back in the day and Homer Laughlin, who makes Fiesta ware, is just across the river.  So there is tons and tons of Fiesta ware here.


At the top of the stairs on the second floor, there is a bin full of old license plates.  I thought that was really cool.  There are a lot of projects I would like to do with old license plates, but I never knew where to get them.

 
 
The second floor also has a bunch of light fixtures hanging from the ceiling that are for sale.  I LOVE this one.
 
 


And this one.


The third floor is not quite as big as the first and second floors, but still more fun stuff to go through.


I stumbled upon this display of milk glass on the third floor. 


I love these white leather chairs.  I am very into tufting right now.


That's not all.  There is a basement full of furniture.


Look at all these different chairs they have.

I am really glad I found this place.  It is so much fun to go through and look at all the different things.  I started collecting vintage cameras and they have lots of them here.  I just can't afford to buy everything all in one day.  Is it wrong that I want to go every day?  I don't even want to go in Ikea every day.  I highly recommend stopping by if you are ever in Ohio.

Do you have any antique malls in your town that you frequent?  Let me know about them.  I would love to find other places like this.  Maybe they will have some world globes that I have been looking for.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren, Loooove shops like that. Now i know why i enjoy your site...I'm from the "Ohio side of WV".. Martins Ferry which is directly across from Wheeling "get that feeling" WV (I am not making that up) Hahhahhaa
    Been in VA a longlong time.
    Have a good weekend,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, small world. I am from Follansbee, WV which isn't far from Wheeling and Martins Ferry. I actually got a lot of my tattoos done in Martins Ferry. So I know exactly where you are from. East Liverpool is about 40 minutes from Follansbee. Have a good weekend as well.

      Delete